Have you read of the world’s first Helio G80 powered smartphone? You just did. It’s the Realme 6i and apart from the new chipset, the handset is also blessed with an impressive camera set-up and enough inbuilt storage.
Realme 6i Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 PPI)
- Android 10.0; Realme UI
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- 3GB, 4GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- 4G LTE Network
- Fast charging 18W
- Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh Battery
Design and Display
The Realme 6i is looking classic and elegant despite featuring a plastic back. The phone has a nice and neat panel that features the vertical cameras lineup with an LED flash and before I forget, a fingerprint scanner as well.
Just below the camera, at the bottom is the branded logo leaving the rest space blank. It measures 164.4 x 75.4 x 9 mm in dimensions and weight 199 grams. Just like some Xiaomi phones, it comes with splash resistant which is a plus.
Moving to the front side, the Realme 6i has a glass display screen. The screen, in turn, comes with a waterdrop notch hosting the front camera. It has a display size of 6.5 inches IPS LCD with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, a 20:9 ratio, and 270 PPI density.
There is display protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and the phone has 82.3% screen-to-body ratio.
The camera is another area of concentration. Realme equipped their new chipset device with an impressive quad rear cameras set-up.
There’s a 48MP primary sensor along with a 119° ultra-wide-angle camera, a dedicated B&W portrait sensor, and a macro camera of 2 MP. The camera features LED flash, HDR, and panorama. On the front, it has a selfies snapper of 16 MP with HDR, and panorama support.
Hardware and Software
Just as mentioned above, the Realme 6i comes with an Helio G80 chipset which sits below the G90T gaming SOC. The chip is accompanied by two Cortex-A75 performance cores clocked at 2GHz and six power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8GHz.
It has a Mali-G52 GPU handling the graphics. The company said that the new phone scores nearly 201K on the AnTuTu benchmark which is promising.
However, the phone will still not perform better than the standard Realme 6 that scores nearly 201K on the AnTuTu benchmark. We can refer to this phone as the successor of the Realme 5i.
The inbuilt storage on the handset is 64GB with 3GB RAM and another model with 128GB and 4G RAM. You can still expand the storage if you want to use the dedicated slot on the inside.
Battery and Network
Powering the phone is an Android 10 operating system with Realme UI slapped on top. What’s more, it has a massive nonremovable battery capacity of 5000 mAh which has become the norm these days on budget phones. The battery carries support for fast charging 18W.
The Realme 6i has 4G LTE Network with Wi-Fi for a wireless connection, Bluetooth, FM radio, A-GPS, and 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector with USB on the Go.
Realme 6i Price and Availability
The Realme 6i will sell for 160 EUR and will ship in Cream white, and Green Tea colors.
In Nigeria, you can buy the smartphone at a price range of 68,000 Naira to 75,000 Naira. Meanwhile, in Ghana, the Realme 6i will cost around 1,000 Ghs and 19,000 Ksh in Kenya.
Realme 6i Specs
Here are a few specs of the Realme 6i:
- Platform: Android 10.0; Realme UI
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm), Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 3GB, 4GB RAM
- Colors: Cream white, Green Tea
- Dimension: 164.4 x 75.4 x 9 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.5 inches IPS LCD, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (wide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Rear
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes